Apple today released the official trailer for its upcoming short form sports docuseries Greatness Code featuring seven of the world’s greatest athletes: LeBron James, Tom Brady, Alex Morgan, Usain Bolt, Shaun White, Katie Ledecky and Kelly Slater.
Co-produced by Uninterrupted and Religion of Sports, and directed by Gotham Chopra, Greatness Code joins Apple’s programming slate with the global debut of the complete first season on Friday, July 10, exclusively on Apple TV+.
The short form unscripted series spotlights untold stories from the athletes, with the first season containing seven mini-episodes, each examining a pivotal moment in an athlete’s career.
The athletes featured in season one include:
- LeBron James, four-time NBA MVP, three-time NBA Champion and two-time Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Brady, six-time Super Bowl Champion and four-time Super Bowl MVP
- Alex Morgan, Olympic Gold Medalist and Co-Captain of the US Women’s National Soccer Team
- Usain Bolt, Worlds Fastest Man and eight-time Olympic champion
- Shaun White, record-holding Olympic gold Medalist Snowboarder
- Katie Ledecky, five-time Olympic Gold medalist and 15-time World Champion swimmer
- Kelly Slater, 11-time world champion surfer
Greatness Code is a co-production between powerhouse sports content platforms Religion of Sports, which is co-founded by Chopra, Brady, and NFL Hall of Fame legend Michael Strahan; and Uninterrupted, the athlete empowerment brand founded by LeBron James and Maverick Carter.
The series is directed by Gotham Chopra, who also executive produces through Religion of Sports, and executive produced by Maverick Carter via Uninterrupted. Ameeth Sankaran also serves as executive producer through Religion of Sports, and Devin Johnson executive produces via Uninterrupted.
Greatness Code will stream alongside a growing slate of unscripted Apple Originals including the official 2020 Sundance Selection and SXSW 2020 Louis Black Lone Star Award recipient, Boys State; acclaimed docuseries Dear… and Home; Beastie Boys Story: Visible: Out On Television; and Dads, a new documentary from director Bryce Dallas Howard.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.