California Production Tax Credit Lottery Suspended Due To Hollywood Bomb Scare

The lottery for a piece of California’s $100 million Film and TV Tax Credit program was interupted today after a suspicious package was discovered on Hollywood Boulevard, closing down the busy stretch near La Brea Avenue. About 45 minutes into the lottery process, where a deputy fire marshal had the ceremonial duty of pulling winning numbers for successful candidates, police ordered the California Film Commission’s offices evacuated, sources tell me. The lottery is expected to pick up Tuesday morning where it left off. Commission officials left behind documents in the office that recorded the winning projects selected so far, I’m told. Hollywood has been closed between La Brea and Sycamore with traffic being pushed onto side streets (in other words, it was a nightmare). (UPDATE, 5:46 PM: LAPD says the bomb squad determined the package was not harmful and is planning to reopen the streets in the area soon.)

Related: HBO, City Of LA, Disney & Unions Praise Passage Of New Film & TV Tax Credit Bill

(more…)

This article was printed from https://deadline.com/2014/06/hollywood-bomb-threat-shuts-down-streets-739331/