Deadline will make editorial space available so the SAG-AFTRA and WGA candidates for top offices can campaign here. Please send editors@deadline your materials. Esai Morales is running for SAG-AFTRA’s first sole National President and has sent the following video and message:
A Message From Esai Morales
Hollywood Local Membership1st Campaign Email
“I served on the National Board along side Esai and I know him to be a caring and dedicated person. I believe the SAG-AFTRA membership will be well served with Esai as our National President. I also know that Jane is a strong leader, with a solid business sense. With her National Board and committee experience, Jane is an excellent choice for SAG-AFTRA Secretary/Treasurer. Please support both Esai and Jane.” – ED HARRIS
“SAG-AFTRA can no longer function with a deficit. Fresh and business savvy ideas are needed to help bring SAG-AFTRA back into the black. I have those ideas.” – JANE AUSTIN
Each day, members are growing frustrated with the current state of affairs at SAG-AFTRA. The union is in a crisis and I believe I have the knowledge, experience and faith to help put SAG-AFTRA back on the right track.
1. Are you fed up with waiting up to 100 days to receive a residual check?
2. Are you puzzled by the fact our union has been operating with a multi-million dollar deficit since 2010?
3. Do stunt performers and background actors deserve their own SAG-AFTRA departments?
4. Are you wondering why, with the increasing amount of low budget films being produced, our pay-rate has remained flat?
5. Are you still having a tough time qualifying for health insurance?
6. If you do background work, are you suspicious and frustrated with the questionable behavior of some call-in services?
7. Do you believe there should be a dedicated seat for Background Performers on SAG-AFTRA’s National Board?
If you answered “YES” to any one of these questions, you are not alone.
Here are OUR answers:
1. Immediately hire part-time employees in the residual department to expedite the processing and mailing of checks to members within 30 days. And at the same, time we’ll investigate looking into long-term solutions.