Protesters At Google London Want YouTube Video ‘Innocence Of Muslims’ Yanked

A peaceful protest by several thousand people closed Buckingham Palace Road in London for 3 hours on Sunday as demonstrators called for Google’s YouTube to remove the Innocence Of Muslims video that sparked deadly violence last month. According to UK media reports, this was the first in a planned series of civil actions against the film ahead of a million-person march in Hyde Park in the coming weeks. One organizer told The Telegraph that further protests will be held at other Google and YouTube offices. As many as 800 imams in mosques across Britain helped arrange the demonstration, the newspaper said. A YouTube spokesperson said: “We work hard to create a community everyone can enjoy and which also enables people to express different opinions. This can be a challenge because what’s OK in one country can be offensive elsewhere. This video – which is widely available on the Web – is clearly within our guidelines and so will stay on YouTube.” (more…)

This article was printed from https://deadline.com/2012/10/protesters-google-london-headquarters-innoncence-of-muslims-removed-youtube-353764/