Johnson shared the news Saturday on Instagram in a video from the set, as he spoke to members of the crew.
“I really appreciate all your hard work and your patience during this time, but my number one goal for your guys, and its our number one goal too, is that we’re going to get everyone home to their families,” he said. “This is the kind of stuff that can wait, the most important thing is to take care of our families.”
The actor and producer said production will halt for at least two weeks starting Monday.
View this post on Instagram
We are pressing pause on our @netflix production of RED NOTICE effective this Monday for the next two weeks. It’s my privilege to speak eye to eye with our entire crew to help give a little clarity and guidance, as the most important thing right now is for us to get everyone home to their concerned families. Gotta protect our babies, spouses, loved ones and elderly. We’ll continue to monitor and assess this situation closely to make the best decisions for our families first and then our businesses. We’re a resilient nation who ultimately, will always rise to the occasion to be accountable and work together to overcome whatever hardship lies in front of us. Our country will do its job, as the rest of the world will do theirs. Everyone please stay healthy, vigilant, safe and let’s protect one another. We’re all in this – together. DJ @sevenbucksprod @flynnpictureco @Netflix
The film had been shooting overseas since February, but recently moved the production to Atlanta.
Deadline exclusively reported last year that Netflix greenlighted the pic from writer-director Rawson Marshall Thurber. The globetrotting action heist thriller was initially at Universal before moving to the streaming giant.
Red Notice is produced by Beau Flynn through his FlynnPictureCo., Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia through their Seven Bucks Production banner, and Thurber. Scott Sheldon is executive producer. FlynnPictureCo. and Seven Bucks most recently teamed on Rampage and Skyscraper.