EXCLUSIVE: Viewers will have a chance to vote live for the all-time funniest Super Bowl commercial as part of Super Bowl Greatest Commercials 2019, an interactive countdown special.
The hour-long show will be broadcast Tuesday, Jan. 29 starting at 8 pm ET on CBS. The special will originate from Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, site of Super Bowl LIII, and will be hosted by Boomer Esiason, analyst for CBS Sports’ NFL pregame show The NFL Today, and Daniela Ruah, star of CBS’ NCIS Los Angeles.
Beginning today, viewers can vote for their favorite Super Bowl commercial using specific hashtags on Twitter for each of the 10 spots. Viewers can watch the top 10 commercials now here, with two commercials advancing to the live vote during the broadcast. Viewers will decide the outcome by tweeting the finalists’ hashtags, and the ultimate winner will be revealed at the end of the show.
The Top 10 All-Time Funniest Super Bowl Commercials are:
- Bud Light’s “Cedric Date” (2001) – #SBGCCedricDate
- Budweiser’s “Lamb Streaker” (2006) – #SBGCStreaker
- CareerBuilder.com’s “Celebration” (2006) – #SBGCmonkeybiz
- Chevy’s “Happy Grad” (2012) – #SBGCHappyGrad
- Doritos’s “Best Part” (2011) – #SBGCBestPart
- Hyundai “First Date” (2016) – #SBGCFirstDate
- Hyundai “Ryanville” (2017) – #SBGCRyanville
- Tide to Go’s “Talking Stain” (2008) – #SBGCTalkingStain
- Reebok’s “Terry Tate” (2003) – #SBGCTerryTate
- The NFL’s “TD Celebrations to Come” (2018) – #SBGCBestTDDance
In addition, Kevin Frazier, co-host of Entertainment Tonight, will take viewers on an exclusive behind-the-scenes looks at the making of the 2019 Super Bowl commercials for Hyundai and “Avocados from Mexico.” The special will include the world premiere of both spots.
Frazier also visits Cedric the Entertainer on the set of his CBS sitcom The Neighborhood to talk about Cedric’s cache of Super Bowl commercials, including his 2001 Bud Light ad, which is vying to be the all-time funniest Super Bowl commercial this year.
The Super Bowl Greatest Commercials 2019 special is produced by IMG Original Content and JUMA Entertainment. Robert Horowitz is executive producer for JUMA Entertainment and Michael Antinoro and Tony Lanni are executive producers for IMG Original Content. Robert Dalrymple and Eric Smith are the producers and the special is written by Tony Hinchcliffe. Leon Knoles will direct.