Donald Trump Cancels White House Press Christmas Party, Shocking No One

Jacquelyn Martin/Shutterstock

President Donald Trump will not hold the annual White House press Christmas party this year.

Fox News Channel’s media pundit Howard Kurtz broke the news, noting he was first to report because, “The White House made no announcement that it was dropping the press party.”

The more surprising news was that press attended Trump’s press party last year, despite being called enemies of the people and regularly hurling insults and threats at them during rallies.

But, as Kurtz explained, “The annual Christmas-season gathering was a significant perk for those covering the White House” – something we presume no White House correspondent would have admitted to unless they knew it could be proved against them.

Fox News Channel

In video accompanying Kurtz’s report online, Fox News called the  party “just the latest victim in the president’s long contentious relationship with the press.”

This year, that “contentious relationship” includes Trump’s continued support of Saudi prince MBS, despite his CIA having concluded the prince recently ordered the strangulation and sawing up of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

In today’s breaking news, Kurtz also reported that other Washington reporters, anchors and commentators regularly attend the White House press Xmas clambake, and New York media executives would regularly fly in for the clambake.

“Journalists who attended the events, which featured a catered buffet of lamb chops, crab claws and elaborate desserts, got to roam the decorated mansion with a spouse or other family member, a friend or a colleague, adding to the invitation’s allure,” Kurtz reported.

But the biggest “fringe-benefit” was the picture-taking, in which POTUS and FLOTUS were subjected to posing with reporters in front of the Xmas tree, and the White House would send out the resulting photos “copies of which were invariably sent home to mom,” Kurtz explained, noting it took “a couple of hours, with long lines snaking across the building’s first floor.”

This article was printed from