Pauley Perrette Responds To CBS Statement Regarding Tweets About “Multiple Physical Assaults” On Set – Update
UPDATED: Pauley Perrette took to Twitter to respond to CBS’ statement on her tweets suggesting that she was the victim of “multiple physical assaults” which may have led to her departure.
“I want to thank my studio and network CBS They have always been so good to me and always had my back,” she tweeted (see below).
Her response comes shortly after CBS released a statement saying, “Pauley Perrette had a terrific run on NCIS and we are all going to miss her. Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern. We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution. We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows.”
PREVIOUS: NCIS producer CBS Television Studios has responded today to a series of tweets by the CBS series’ longtime regular Pauley Perrette, who exited the show in a two-part sendoff earlier this month. This past weekend, she took to Twitter with a series of posts suggesting she was the victim of “multiple physical assaults” which may have led to her departure.
The tweets from Perrette, who had been part of the hit CBS drama since its first season, have raised questions about why she was leaving the show.
“I feel I have to protect my crew, jobs and so many people. But at what cost? I don’t know,” she wrote in a series of four tweets Saturday night and Sunday (see them below). “Just know, I’m trying to do the right thing, but maybe silence isn’t the right thing about crime.”
Using phrases including “Multiple Physical Assaults,” Perrette wrote that “maybe I’m wrong about not ‘spilling the beans’ about the story,” without giving further details. But she added, “I refused to go low, that’s why I’ve never told publicly what happened.”
She added: “There is a ‘machine’ keeping me silent, and feeding FALSE stories about me. A very rich, very powerful publicity ‘machine’. No morals, no obligation to truth, and I’m just left here, reading the lies, trying to protect my crew. Trying to remain calm. He did it.”
When Perrette made her exit official last fall, she said “there have been all kinds of false stories as to why,” but that she made the decision to leave the year before.
This afternoon, CBS TV Studios responded. “Pauley Perrette had a terrific run on NCIS and we are all going to miss her. Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern. We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution. We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows.”
The final episode of Perrette as goth forensic scientist Abby Sciuto aired May 8 in the second of a two-part sendoff. The episode drew a season-high 14.8 million viewers.