Fuse is relaunching on September 30 with a new original programming slate, an expanded partnership with Gabriel Iglesias and a new series order from Relativity Media. Fuse also says it will introduce a new logo and brand with the network’s identity described as a “line-up of sexy, edgy, and relevant original music, comedy, culture and lifestyle programming.
Fuse will kick off its fall premiere week on September 30 with the 11:30 PM debut of its new transgender docu-series Transcendent. It will be led-in with Big Freedia: Queen Of Bounce, the highest-rated series in Fuse history, according to the network, with its Season 4 premiere at 11 PM.
The Fluffy Movie, featuring never-before-seen footage from comic Gabriel Iglesias’ world tour, also will premiere at 8:30 PM. The first original show developed as part of a multi-year partnership with Iglesias, Fluffy Breaks Even, makes its debut on October 1 at 10 PM. The network also is presenting the comedian’s upcoming tour, Fuse TV Presents Gabriel Iglesias #FluffyBreaksEven, which kicks off September 24 in Loveland, CO.
Season 2 of SKEE TV, a talk show hosted by DJ Skee returns October 2 at 10 PM. And new Fuse original series Revealed premieres on October 24 at 7 PM.
Fuse also has green-lit six half-hour episodes of the vérité style docu-comedy Saturday Morning Fever from Relativity Television. Relativity’s Tom Forman and Brad Bishop will serve as executive producers of the series which will debut in 2016.
“Welcome to the new Fuse. We are very proud of this fall line-up as a representation of where we are headed, and we look forward to further developing programming that will engage and entertain,” said Fuse Media President Bill Hilary. “In order to reach the multicultural, Millennial audience of trendsetters and influencers that we are calling ‘New Young Americans,’ we need to deliver programming that is diverse, sexy, honest and edgy. While this line-up is just the beginning, we are excited to be presenting new and returning series that will fuel our viewers’ passions and broaden their experiences, as we broaden our brand beyond music and into new areas.”
Fall Line-Up Descriptions
· Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce (Season 4) – Winner of the 2014 GLAAD Media Award and nominated for 2015 GLAAD Media Award, Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce gives an unfiltered, all access look into the professional and personal journey of the New Orleans native known as Big Freedia. The critically-acclaimed six-part docu-style series is set to return this fall for season 4 and continues to be the highest-rated show in Fuse’s 12-year history. Following the success of Freedia’s first US tour, season 4 finds Freedia juggling a slew of new creative opportunities that could expand his empire, just as health concerns arise that could derail his career. Premieres Wednesday, September 30 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT.
· Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce is executive-produced by Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato and Tom Campbell of World of Wonder (RuPaul’s Drag Race, Transcendent).
· Transcendent (new series) – The beautiful girls who perform at the world-famous AsiaSF Cabaret & Restaurant in San Francisco have two things in common: they’re all talented, and they are all trans women. Transcendent documents the struggles and triumphs of these diverse young trans women as they navigate their professional, personal and romantic lives. Premieres Wednesday, September 30 at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT. The series is produced by World of Wonder Productions (RuPaul’s Drag Race, Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce).
· The Fluffy Movie (world television premiere) – The Fluffy Movie captures worldwide comic phenomenon Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias in never-before-seen footage from his sold-out “Unity Through Laughter” tour that spanned over 20 countries and more than 400 cities. Premieres Wednesday, September 30 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT.
· Fluffy Breaks Even (new series) – An unscripted series from the mind of comedian Gabriel Iglesias (also known as Fluffy to his millions of fans around the world). Fluffy Breaks Even will feature Iglesias along with his eccentric tour mates and fellow comedians Martin Moreno (Stuck, The Fluffy Movie: Unity Through Laughter) and Rick Gutierrez (I’m Not Mad, I’m Just a Parent, Gabriel Iglesias’ Stand-up Revolution) as they travel to new cities, meet fans and attempt the impossible – balancing big meals with big workouts! The series explores the comedy of consequences in each city on the world comedy tour when members of Fluffy’s crew want to eat a high calorie meal, they’re going to have to work to “break even” the next day by burning those calories learning that fun comes with a price … exercise. Premieres Thursday, October 1 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Produced by Gabriel Iglesias (EP) and co-produced with B-17 Entertainment and Arsonhouse Entertainment.
· SKEE TV (Season 2) – Recognized by both Forbes and Billboard magazine as one of the most influential figures in today’s entertainment business, DJ Skee returns to Fuse this fall. From the recently renovated historic Ivar Theatre in Hollywood and in front of an audience at The Los Angeles Film School, DJ Skee interviews celebrity guests, hosts live musical performances and presents segments dedicated to providing insider access into the trends and trendsetters of tomorrow. Highlights from the first season include such guests as OT Genasis, Busta Rhymes, Tech N9ne and Elliphant. Premieres Friday, October 2 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. SKEE TV is a SKEEmatic production.
· Gabriel Iglesias Presents: The Gentleman Jerry Rocha (original special) – Being a gentleman has always come easy to Jerry Rocha, which of course depends on how you define the word “gentleman”. Gabriel Iglesias once again presents one of the most exciting voices in stand-up today in The Gentleman Jerry Rocha. Rocha’s hilarious perspective on everything from dating younger women to watching older movies is sure to have you laughing and nodding along in approval to this anything but gentle, don’t miss, comedy event. Premieres Saturday, October 17 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Gabriel Iglesias is the Executive Producer. Gabriel Iglesias Presents: The Gentleman Jerry Rocha is produced by Gabriel Iglesias, Arsonhouse Entertainment and Levity Productions.
· Revealed (new series) – This Fuse original series showcases an artist’s body of work from his or her point of view through unique interview and behind-the-scenes footage in the studio and on set. Using the artist’s music videos as the soundtrack, each episode gives the viewer an exclusive look into the backstory, creative process, and the ups and downs of life as a musician. Episodes this season focus on Trey Songz, Jason Derulo, Ciara, Nate Ruess, Bebe Rexha and Ed Sheeran. Premieres Saturday, October 24 at 7 p.m. ET/PT. Revealed is a Fuse Networks production.