EXCLUSIVE: The production and management company IAM Entertainment has signed a unique deal with next-gen entertainment company The Coalition Group to boost buzz around its scripts.
The partners are jointly producing a slate of proof-of-concept content based on screenplays from IAM Entertainment’s stable of writer-directors, with a focus on low-budget science-fiction features. The Coalition Group will finance the production of proofs of concept at an average allotment of $25,000 per project, in hopes that the added visual component will attract more eyeballs from potential feature investors.
Meanwhile IAM Entertainment’s Raymond Brothers and Scott Glasgold have employed the proof-of-concept method to launch Stephan Zlotescu’s True Skin (Warner Bros), Raphael Roger’s Beyond (Universal), Big Lazy Robot’s Keloid (Vertigo) and Haz Dullul’s Project Kronos (Armory Films).
Their slate of titles in development with The Coalition include:
- Rosa, adapted from Jesus Orellana’s post-apocalyptic short film and previously set up at 20th Century Fox, which Orellana wrote and will direct;
- POV action-thriller Man At War, written by Europa Report’s Philip Gelatt;
- 7 Boxes, a remake of the Paraguayan action thriller that Harrison Query is adapting and Tyson Johnston will direct;
- Mech, adapted by Black List scribe Brandon Wiler (City of Refuge) from the short film by Patrick Kalyn; and
- Space thriller Satellite, from writer David O’Leary.
“The goal is to create the forum for the young filmmaker to fully express their visions from concept to final execution,” said Luisa Iskin, the Coalition Group CEO. “Our partnership with IAM Entertainment underscores our commitment to provide a platform for emerging VFX-driven filmmakers.”
IAM Entertainment is also producing Paramount’s father-son espionage thriller Spy’s Son, with Robert De Niro and Shia LaBeouf attached to star and D.J. Caruso directing. The Coalition Group is developing Aaron Marshall’s Untitled Rock & Roll Project and a live-action adaptation of comic series The Shunned One.