Got a Tip?
If you have information for a story that you would like to share confidentially with Deadline, we encourage you to send us a tip using one of the methods below. Review the details and disclaimers for each program and select one that best fits your needs.
The tipline is for information with potential impact on the industry or an exclusive involving sensitive evidence valuable to the story. You do not need to include your name and email to submit, but the strongest news tips include suggestions on how to obtain documentation or evidence that would substantiate the story.
Messages are reviewed regularly, but we cannot promise an individual response.
How to Send Confidential News Tips
Send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
11175 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Steps You Can Take to Stay Anonymous
- Don’t contact us from your home or work computer or internet connection. Use a public wi-fi network in an area where your screen is not visible to security cameras.
- Use separate accounts from the ones you usually use for email, Google, social media, etc. for contact and browsing activity related to your tip. Consider downloading Tor browser and using a secure operating system like Tails.
- Avoid personal communication with us via email, phone or social media. Someone investigating a leak may be able to discover you by tracing your habits.
- Delete everything. Erase documents, web history, messages, proof of contact, do not keep trails of communication or activity anywhere that is normally accessible.
- Don’t tell anyone that you’re a source.