Updated Throughout, Tuesday Apparently Leslie Jones may now Olympic-tweet to her heart’s content. In a statement to press Monday night, NBC Sports said the video-blocking Jones complained of yesterday was nothing but “a third-party error.”
“This was the result of a third-party error, and the situation has been resolved,” an NBC Sports spokesperson said in the statement. “She is free to do her social media posts as she has done in the past. She is a super fan of the Olympics, and we are super fans of her.”
Earlier on Monday, former Saturday Night Live cast member and enthusiastic Olympics tweeter Jones wrote on social media that the 2022 Beijing Winter games might be the last in which she’ll provide her now-unofficial but popular commentary. “Leslie Jones does [not] stay anywhere I’m not welcomed,” she posted.
Jones, who has been tweeting her comic reactions to Olympic games since the 2016 Rio competitions, wrote on Instagram and Twitter Monday that she is “tired of fighting the folks who don’t want me to do it.”
In response to various comments on her Twitter page, Jones explained that trolls aren’t the problem. “It’s NBC,” she responded, repeatedly.
Specifically, Jones writes on the Instagram post, “They block my videos and they get folks who think they can do it like me. And I’m tired of fighting them. I love the athletes and they love me doing it. And I know y’all love it. But now it’s just gotten too hard. And no one is fighting for or with me. Soooo I guess I’ll leave it to the professionals. But thank you for all the love.”
When Jones was a cast member on NBC’s SNL in 2016, the network made her an NBC Olympics correspondent.
Leslie Jones does it stay anywhere I’m not welcomed. #uptoyallnow pic.twitter.com/jark0Joc0N
— Leslie Jones 🦋 (@Lesdoggg) February 7, 2022
Must Read Stories
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.