Mark Gordon is settling out and will be leaving his position as president of Entertainment One, Deadline has confirmed. It appears to be a case of a bad marriage between the Canadian company and a prolific hit maker who sold his Mark Gordon Co for hundreds of millions of dollars.
EOne said: “While we don’t comment on internal organizational discussions, we can say that Mark Gordon continues to be a very important part of the eOne team now and into the future.”
Any exit might take time, because Gordon is under an employment contract and eOne has made a substantial investment in him. It is likely he would return to a focus on development and producing, which he did so well under his own banner. At eOne, Steve Bertram, Nick Meyer and Peter Micelli had been running day to day on film and TV and are expected to continue to do so.
Gordon came to eOne after generating such TV hit shows as ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, Showtime’s Ray Donovan and Criminal Minds at CBS. His small screen successes obscured movie credits that include Saving Private Ryan.
EOne originally acquired 51% of the Mark Gordon Co. in 2015 for $133 Million. The U.K.- and Canada-based film and TV company then acquired the remaining 49% of The Mark Gordon Co. for $209 million in January 2018 when Gordon was named eOne president.
Shows from eOne have included Designated Survivor on Netflix, the Nathan Fillion-starrer The Rookie on ABC and the upcoming Deputy on Fox. Gordon and Entertainment One also generated the Aaron Sorkin-directed feature drama Molly’s Game, which starred Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba.
Our sister publication Variety was first up with Gordon’s pending exit.
Must Read Stories
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.