Bailey, elected tonight to his second term, was the first cinematographer to hold the position of Academy president when he was elected last year, replacing the termed-out Cheryl Boone Isaacs. His credits include Ordinary People, American Gigolo, The Big Chil, Groundhog Day, As Good as It Gets and A Walk in the Woods.
Also elected to officer positions by the board tonight:
- Lois Burwell, First Vice President (chair, Awards and Events Committee)
- Sid Ganis, Vice President (chair, Museum Committee)
- Larry Karaszewski, Vice President (chair, Preservation and History Committee)
- Nancy Utley, Vice President (chair, Education and Outreach Committee)
- Jim Gianopulos, Treasurer (chair, Finance Committee)
- David Rubin, Secretary (chair, Membership and Administration Committee)
Burwell, Gianopulos, Rubin and Utley were re-elected to their posts. Ganis, who returned to the board this year, served as Academy president from 2005-2009. This will be the first officer stint for Karaszewski.
Academy board members may serve up to three consecutive three-year terms, while officers serve one-year terms, with a maximum of four consecutive years in any one office. Bailey is also beginning his 15th term as a governor representing the Cinematographers Branch; elections for those spots were held in June.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.