Just one day before Megyn Kelly’s Settle For More memoir comes out, the Fox News Channel host’s ex-boss Roger Ailes is adamantly insisting he did not sexually harass her – again. “I categorically deny the allegations Megyn Kelly makes about me,” the former media head honcho and alleged Donald Trump campaign advisor said today in a statement released through his lawyer Susan Estrich.
“I worked tirelessly to promote and advance her career, as Megyn herself admitted to Charlie Rose,” Ailes added in response to passages in the HarperCollins published book that claims on numerous occassions inapproproiate comments, innuendo and explicit remarks. Kelly said that “I really care about Roger. And he has been nothing but good to me. And he’s been very loyal. And he’s had my back. And he’s looked out for me,” in the 2015 interview with Rose. “Watch that interview and then decide for yourself,” the statement forwarded from the Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP attorney also says. “My attorneys have restricted me from commenting further – so suffice it to say that no good deed goes unpunished,” Ailes concludes.
Rachel Campos-Duffy To Co-Host 'Fox & Friends' Weekend After Jedediah Bila Exit
Set to air on Tuesday, The Kelly File host filmed an appearance on Dr. Phil today discussing Ailes alleged actions. Detailing her dealings with now President-elect Donald Trump both in front of and behind the camera too, Kelly has been a tireless promoter of the sure to be best selling, Settle For More in anticipation of its November 15 publication.
— Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) November 14, 2016
Earlier this month, Ailes, also through Estrich, previously rejected such allegations of sexual harassment as detailed in Kelly’s book. “Mr. Ailes denies her allegations of sexual harassment or misconduct of any kind,” said the lawyer on November 3.
Once all powerful in cable news, Ailes was pushed out FNC on July 21 with a $40 million good-bye after former Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit. A subsequent investigation at FNC seemingly involved Kelly making her experiences with Ailes known to Rupert Murdoch and his sons. In September, Fox settled the former Fox & Friends co-host’s July lawsuit against Ailes for $20 million.
After an initial wall of FNC on-air talent went up in defense of Ailes in the early days of Carlson’s accusations, the likes of the now departed Greta Van Susteren and Geraldo Rivera have come to say they “regret” that move. It was noticeable at the time this summer that Kelly was distinctly not among the top tier and B-team talent who publicly defended Ailes.
Former The Five co-host Andrea Tantaros has filed a $50 million lawsuit of her own that, among other things, claims current FNC co-president and long time Ailes protege Bill Shine tried to get her to sweep the then boss’ supposed behavior under the rug. FNC lawyers have said that Tantaros “is not a victim” but “an opportunist.”
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.