A&E Networks has announced that it is relaunching History en Español on November 7. The channel relaunch will feature a new on-air look, a revamped programming strategy, and double the number of premiere hours.
Launched in 2004, History en Español features the best of History’s programming in Spanish. Among the new lineup are the docuseries Barbarians Rising, fact-based programs Hunting Hitler and Pawn Stars, and new scripted shows. History en Español has also set the premiere of Embajadores de la Mafia, examining the penetration of the Italian-American mafia into Latin America. History en Español is also planning a Spanish language Facebook fan page.
The November 7 relaunch will include primetime programming featuring nightly vertical themes:
• Monday: “High Octane Auto” programming block featuring a new season of Counting Cars, and returning shows Leepu & Pitbull, and Lost in Transmission.
• Tuesday: back-to-back episodes of the new season of American Restoration, followed by American Pickers.
• Wednesday: The “Epic Mysteries” features the HEE premiere of Missing in Alaska, In Search of Ancient Aliens, and Hangar 1: The UFO Files.
• Thursday: The “Wild History” programming block feautring an all-new season of Mountain Men, as well as the return of Ice Road Truckers: Deadliest Roads and Ax Men.
• Fridays: Kicking off the weekend throughout November is the three-hour “The Hidden Truth” block, featuring HEE premieres of Last Days of the Nazis and Hunting Hitler.
• Saturday: “Mega Specials + Dramas” block features Seven Deadly Sins, The Bible Rules and specials God v. Satan, The Real Face of Jesus, Secret Access: The Vatican and Jesus: The Lost 40 Days.
• Sunday: reality is the focus with Pawn Stars, History’s blockbuster series.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.