He won a best screenplay Oscar and Golden Globe for 2001’s A Beautiful Mind, and he’s responsible for several blockbuster films, including Paramount’s next wave of Transformers, Micronauts and G.I. Joe movies. However, when Akiva Goldsman boarded WGN America/Sony TV’s Underground as executive producer, it “was personal to me” revealed the producer-screenwriter at our Awardsline Emmy screening. Goldsman details what attracted him to Misha Green and Joe Pokaski’s series in the above clip, while reminding us that the true American heroes are those men and women who ran in the Underground Railroad.
For Akiva Goldsman Joining ‘Underground’ “Was Personal” – Emmys
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Latest Awardsline News
- SAG Awards Reveals First List Of Presenters: The Stars Of The Films Up For Best Ensemble Cast
- César Nominations: Jacques Audiard’s ‘Sisters Brothers’ Rustles Up Nine – List
- Viggo Mortensen Reflects On The Twists & Turns Of His ‘Green Book’ Journey As He Preps His Directorial Debut
- Oscar Nominee Reactions: Rami Malek, Willem Dafoe, Rachel Weisz, Adam McKay & Many More
- Costume Designer Sandy Powell’s Risk-Taking Pays Off With Pair Of Oscar Nominations For ‘The Favourite’ & ‘Mary Poppins Returns…
- ‘RBG’ Oscar Nomination Tops One Wild Year For Ruth Bader Ginsburg