EXCLUSIVE: We’ve got a female-driven Ghostbusters, and a female-driven Ocean’s Eleven from Gary Ross and Steven Soderbergh. Why not an action film with a female heroine who’s one part John Wick and one part Rambo? Thunder Road has closed a deal for Trigger Warning, a spec script by A History Of Violence scribe Josh Olson and Terminator: Rise of the Machines‘ John Brancato. The script is described as a female First Blood with John Wick thrown in for good measure, where the reluctant heroine reveals herself in a small town. Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk just wrapped John Wick 2, and the company’s working on Soldado, a sequel to Sicario that will star Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin and will be directed by Stefano Sollima. Olson is repped by Paradigm, manager Jeremy Bell at Gotham and Sloane, Offer. John’s repped by Claire Best and attorney Steve Younger. Thunder Road’s Erica Lee will steer the pic with Iwanyk for Thunder Road.
Thunder Road Buys ‘Trigger Warning’ Spec: A Female John Wick?
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…
- Peter Bart: New Irish Mind-Set Triggers Upswing In Dublin Economy, And Revolution In Its Pop Culture
- Netflix Fired Comms Chief Jonathan Friedland Over His Use Of The N-Word
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Admits He “Minimized” N-Word Use By PR Chief
- Sony & Amy Pascal Developing Marvel Comic ‘Silk’, About Korean-American Superhero
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Headed To $135M+ Opening – Midday B.O. Update