As advertorial tie-ins go, this one isn’t so hard to like. As part of the ramp up to the return of Gilmore Girls later this year on Netflix, Alexis Bledel appeared in this video with First Lady Michelle Obama, posted earlier today on Twitter. Helping the First Lady promote her Let Girls Learn initiative, Bledel, in-character as Rory Gilmore, shows up to the White House to drop off a massive number of books for the initiative, treating the great classics of western literature like lazy beach reading and generally being adorably smart. Naturally, the effort on behalf of a good cause also reminds people that Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life premieres on Netflix this fall. Watch the video above.
‘Gilmore Girls’: Rory Gilmore Drops In On Michelle Obama To Discuss Let Girls Learn
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Invites Melania Trump To “Come Over To The Light” And Join Him On ‘SNL’
- ‘One Day At A Time’ EP Says TV Writers Stop Border Separation Campaign Is About “Paying It Forward”
- ‘Catfish’ Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found “Not Credible”…
- Univision Warns DISH Subscribers On Potential Access Cut-Off In Carriage Dispute
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- David Simon Twitter Reinstated, And Showrunner Returns With A Vengeance