I haven’t seen the film so I’ve no idea just how far it derivates from the original pulp novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, but the latest trailer for The Legend of Tarzan suggests it’s going to be closer to King Kong than Lord Greystoke. (Obviously, there are apes in the original stories, but the tone of this is much closer to a monster movie.) Starring Alexander Skarsgård in the title role, the film sees Tarzan returning to the jungle in which he grew up after years away, where he gets caught up in the sinister doings of corrupt and evil businessmen in the Belgian Congo. Directed by David Yates from a script by Adam Cozad and Craig Brewer, the film also stars Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie, Djimon Hounsou, Jim Broadbent and Christoph Waltz. It swings into theaters July 1.
‘The Legend Of Tarzan’ Final Trailer: King Kong 2?
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Is The Deadliest Lyft Driver Seeking Revenge In Sony Sequel
Latest Film News
- Rome Film Festival To Fete Martin Scorsese & Host Sigourney Weaver, Giuseppe Tornatore, More
- BET Awards: ‘Black Panther’, Tiffany Haddish, Chadwick Boseman Take Top Honors – Full Winners List
- ‘The Hate U Give’ Trailer: Amandla Stenberg Finds Empowering Voice In Adaptation Of Angie Thomas Novel
- ‘The Equalizer 2’ Trailer: Denzel Washington Is The Deadliest Lyft Driver Seeking Revenge In Sony Sequel
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International Box…
- A Caution For Politically Inflamed Hollywood: Revolutions Eat Their Own