EXCLUSIVE: Writer-director Niki Caro has signed with UTA. Caro, whose breakthrough came on Whale Rider, is in post-production on Focus Features’ The Zookeeper’s Wife starring Jessica Chastain and Daniel Bruhl, set for a 2017 release. She also directed McFarland for Disney, starring Kevin Costner and Maria Bello. Caro followed Whale Rider with the Warner Bros film North Country, which starred Charlize Theron, Jeremy Renner and Frances McDormand. She’s a strong actor’s director, as Theron got an Oscar nom and so did Whale Rider star Keisha Castle-Hughes. Caro continues to be represented by Sophy Holodnik at Artists House and attorney Linda Lichter.
UTA signs Director Niki Caro
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International Box…
- A Caution For Politically Inflamed Hollywood: Revolutions Eat Their Own
- ‘The King' Reigns Over Mixed Weekend of Openers; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Robustly: Specialty Box Office
- David Lynch: Trump Could Be “One Of The Greatest Presidents In History”
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?