EXCLUSIVE: Sophie McShera, co-winner of three Ensemble SAG awards for her portrayal of Daisy on Downton Abbey and UK favorite from Waterloo Road,has signed on for a West End revival of John Osborne’s The Entertainer set for this summer at the Garrick Theater with Kenneth Branagh starring in the title role played by Laurence Olivier in the 1957 premiere. Branagh previously directed her in Disney’s blockbuster Cinderella, in which she played one of the evil step sisters. Rob Ashford will direct the play, slated to run August 20 through November 12. Currently seen in the recurring role of Gwynne on ABC’s Galavant, McShera is repped by Don Buchwald and Associates, Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management and Curtis Brown in the UK.
‘Downton Abbey’s Sophie McShera Joins Kenneth Branagh For ‘The Entertainer’
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest International News
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them
- Kevin Costner Talks ‘Yellowstone’, Varied Roles & A Venice ‘Fandango’ Lesson – Cannes Lions
- John Oliver Censored In China After Scathing Winnie The Pooh Segment
- Lena Waithe On Mentoring, Accountability & The Next Frontier – Cannes Lions
- World Cup: Female Reporter Groped On Air; Burger King Apologizes For Pregnancy Ad; Iran Opens Stadium To Women
- MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: “What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!”