EXCLUSIVE: WME has just signed Miles Joris-Peyrafitte, who at 23 became one of the youngest filmmakers ever to be in competition at the Sundance Film Festival with his first feature film As You Are. Joris-Peyrafitte directed, co-wrote, acted in and co-scored the film which won the Special Jury Award of this year’s festival. He was widely courted and WME got Joris-Peyrafitte, who studied under Kelly Reichardt and So Yong Kim at Bard College. He’s also repped by Grandview. Joris-Peytafitte is writing his next film, which he’ll direct. Details are being kept under wraps, but he’ll reunite with Automatik’s Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Votiv’s Brent Stiefel, who both produced As You Are.
WME Signs Sundance ‘As You Are’ Helmer Miles Joris-Peyrafitte
What's Hot on Deadline
'Halloween' Scares Up 2nd Best October Debut With $77M+; Record For Blumhouse & Carpenter Canon; Great Miramax Comeback
Latest Film News
- ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Moves Back To November 2019, Cuffing Former ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Slot
- Netflix’s Use Of Artwork Personalization Attracts Online Criticism
- Ray Liotta, Ken Jeong, Adrien Brody, Travis Fimmel & More Round Out Cast For Charlie Day's 'El Tonto'
- Choice Of Sharp New Oscar Producing Team Gives The Academy A Chance For Serious & Successful Makeover: Analysis
- Skydance Hires Ex-Global Road Exec Jun Oh To Run Biz & Legal Affairs
- Donna Gigliotti To Produce 91st Oscars; Glenn Weiss Is Co-Producer