EXCLUSIVE: Robert Schwentke has dropped out of directing Divergent: Ascendant, the final installment of the Veronica Roth novel series that stars Shailene Woodley, Miles Teller, Theo James and Naomi Watts. Lions Gate will now scramble to find a director to keep the series on schedule, as it’s dated for June 9, 2017 release. Nothing sinister here. Schwentke just needed a break, after making Insurgent and Allegiant, back to back. He has a good relationship with Lionsgate, where he helmed Red.
Robert Schwentke Exits ‘Divergent’ Finale ‘Ascendant’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
‘Amazing Grace’ Documentary On Riveting Aretha Franklin Gospel Performance Makes Late Bid For Oscar Attention
Latest Film News
- ‘The Show’: Tom Burke Leads Cast In ‘Watchmen’ Creator Alan Moore’s Latest Movie; First Look Image, Protagonist…
- Composer Carter Burwell Captures Hopes, Dreams & Bleakness Of Old West For ‘The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs’…
- ‘Cold War’ Cinematographer Lukasz Zal Brings High-Contrast Black And White To Emotionally Volatile Love Story
- Jake Gyllenhaal To Star In Remake Of Danish Oscar Entry ‘The Guilty’
- ‘Thriller’ Filmmaker Dallas Jackson Inks With APA
- ‘Toxic Avenger’ Movie Reboot In Works At Legendary