This week’s Oscar Prediction Smackdown between Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil and me finds us both exasperated after the DGA awards failed to give us any real definite clues as to what film will ultimately emerge as this year’s Best Picture winner. But nevertheless we explore every possibility and find every clue in the entire history of the Academy Awards to justify our conclusions. As ballots are about to go out beginning tomorrow it is definitely crunch time, but we remain in search of answers in a wide open year that presents only questions at this point. Check out the video by clicking on the link above.
Oscar Best Picture Smackdown: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Both Asking, “What The Hell Is Going On?”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fresh Prince' Star Alfonso Ribeiro Files Lawsuit Against Epic Games' 'Fortnite' Over Use Of Carlton Dance
Les Moonves' Lawyer Fires Opening Salvo In Legal War With CBS; Calls No Severance & Firing Decision "Without Merit"
Oscars Foreign Language Film Shortlist: 'Roma', 'Cold War', 'Burning' & More But No 'Girl', 'Border'
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscars Foreign Language Film Shortlist: ‘Roma’, ‘Cold War’, ‘Burning’ & More But No ‘Girl’, ‘Border…
- Oscars: Academy Releases Nine Category Shortlists; ‘Girl’ Snubbed In Foreign Race Amid Backlash
- Why Adam McKay’s ‘Vice’ Shone Light On Shadowy Power Broker Dick Cheney: He Birthed ‘Republican Revolution…
- Jeff Bridges To Be Honored With Cecil B. DeMille Award At Golden Globes
- Phoenix Critics Circle Names ‘The Favourite’ As Best Picture
- European Film Awards: ‘Cold War’ Scoops Top Prizes In Politically-Charged Ceremony – Full List