How are the Oscars like New Year’s Eve? This year’s Academy Awards host Chris Rock offers his observation in this 15-second spot posted, appropriately enough, on the final day of 2015 and somehow largely overlooked and unremarked until today. If there’s one thing that really takes off once the calendar has clicked over to the New Year, it’s Awards Season. Sure, it has already been under way for weeks, well months actually if we’re honest. But Oscar nominations balloting is under way and continues until 5PM January 8. The nominations will be announced January 14 and the awards will be handed out February 28 live on ABC. Now, back to that commercial.
Chris Rock: Oscars Commercial
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
‘Amazing Grace’ Documentary On Riveting Aretha Franklin Gospel Performance Makes Late Bid For Oscar Attention
Latest Awardsline News
- Composer Carter Burwell Captures Hopes, Dreams & Bleakness Of Old West For ‘The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs’…
- ‘Cold War’ Cinematographer Lukasz Zal Brings High-Contrast Black And White To Emotionally Volatile Love Story
- Oscars: Foreign Language Shortlist Voting Nears The Wire; A Preview Of Possibilities
- 'Amazing Grace' Documentary On Riveting Aretha Franklin Gospel Performance Makes Late Bid For Oscar Attention
- ‘Spider-Man’ Producers Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Bring Miles Morales To Big Screen In Spectacular Style
- Art Directors Guild Votes Production Designers Anthony Masters & Ben Carré Into Hall Of Fame