Now with nominations finally announced for the 88th Annual Academy Awards, Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil and I are ready to engage in our first Oscar Prediction Smackdown as we take a stab at where the race is landing just as the all-important second phase begins. Can The Revenant prevail with the most nominations and a recent Golden Globe triumph? Will Spotlight and The Big Short battle to a draw? Can Mad Max: Fury Road come all the way back from a May opening to shock everyone with a Best Picture victory? Or can the little engine that could known as Room upset them all? These and other questions are fodder for our internecine battle. Click the link above to watch.
Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs. Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil In A Post-Nomination Early Prediction Smackdown (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Latest Awardsline News
- Awards-Season Noms Lacking Again For Women Behind The Camera
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Director Jon S. Baird On Joining Martin Scorsese’s Inner Circle, And Doing Justice To Laurel…
- PGA Gives ‘Green Book’ Another Big Win But There Still Is No Real Front Runner – And Who In Their Right Mind Wants To…
- PGA Milestone Award Honoree Toby Emmerich On How Warner Bros. & New Line ‘Hits ‘Em Where They Ain’t’
- Producers Guild Awards: ‘Green Book’ Takes Best Picture; ‘Americans’ & ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Lead TV…
- PGA Awards Honoree Kenya Barris Tips Hat To Norman Lear, Reveals Early Dream Job