Eyeing a co-starring role with the Fresh Prince, Helen Mirren in talks to join the cast of the New Line comedy-drama Collateral Beauty alongside Will Smith. The film sees Smith as a New York City ad exec who spirals into a deep depression after an intense personal tragedy. His employees enact a scheme to bring him out of it with successful, and completely unexpected, results. As part of the scheme, the employees hire an actress to be played by Mirren. David Frankel will direct from a script by Allan Loeb. Variety had the story first.
Helen Mirren Circles Will Smith Comedy ‘Collateral Beauty’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- A Caution For Politically Inflamed Hollywood: Revolutions Eat Their Own
- ‘The King' Reigns Over Mixed Weekend of Openers; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Robustly: Specialty Box Office
- David Lynch: Trump Could Be “One Of The Greatest Presidents In History”
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International…
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?