Eyeing a co-starring role with the Fresh Prince, Helen Mirren in talks to join the cast of the New Line comedy-drama Collateral Beauty alongside Will Smith. The film sees Smith as a New York City ad exec who spirals into a deep depression after an intense personal tragedy. His employees enact a scheme to bring him out of it with successful, and completely unexpected, results. As part of the scheme, the employees hire an actress to be played by Mirren. David Frankel will direct from a script by Allan Loeb. Variety had the story first.
Helen Mirren Circles Will Smith Comedy ‘Collateral Beauty’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink