It was a pretty steady Monday all round in primetime last night – unless you were a certain Supergirl (1.7/5). Once again without The Big Bang Theory as a lead-in, the third week of the protector of National City on CBS saw fall 23% from its November 2 show among adults 18-49. That’s a 45% drop from the super debut that the WBTV series had on October 26 in the demo.
With a 1.6/5 rating, CBS was third among the Big 4, just behind the 1.7/5 of ABC. After the big drop of Supergirl, the rest of CBS’ night saw a Monday a lot like last week with Scorpion (1.8/5) and NCIS: LA (1.2/4) dipping a respective 5% and 8% from November 2. There’s a caveat of sorts to CBS’ numbers last night as the net’s San Diego affiliate aired the Chargers game against the Chicago Bears, which could lead to greater adjustments than usual.
Gotham (1.5/4), that other WBTV-produced superhero show of the Monday 8 PM time slot, was sturdy and steady for Fox with just a 6% dip from last week.
'Walking Dead' Ratings Slip With No Resolution To Glenn Rhee Death Plot
The night’s big winner undoubtedly will be ESPN’s flagship Monday Night Football, with what was true roller coaster of a game the Bears won with a late comeback. In metered-market results, last night’s MNF scored a 8.1 rating with a peak of 9.2 between 9:45 to 10 PM. After a terrible start, the Windy City team jumped back in and eventually won the game 22-19. However, though MNF will hold the top spot of the night, that lopsided start might have tuned a number of viewers out. Monday’s game saw a dip of 8% from the close battle between the Carolina Panthers and Indianapolis Colts on November 2.
Among the Big 4, NBC took the top spots of the night with a 2.9/9 rating among the key demo and 10.53 million viewers overall. The top show of the broadcast night in the demo was The Voice (3.2/10). The two-hour show held steady with last week with a 3% demo dip from the final numbers of November 2. Lead-out Blindspot (2.2/7), which got picked up for a second season Monday, was even with last week and the second-highest-rated show of the night.
ABC had the most watched show of the night with Dancing With The Stars (2.0/6) and its 12.56 million viewers. Among the 18-49s, DWTS bopped up 5% and with its 4% rise in total viewership, the competition show saw its second weekly rise in a row. The same cannot be said for Castle (1.0/3), which was down 9% from its previous original on October 19. That result is a series low for veteran drama in fast nationals.
The CW saw a ratings repeat of last week with both Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (0.3/1) and Jane The Virgin (0.4/1) even with their November 2 shows. In total viewers, Crazy Ex saw a 4% rise over last week to 979,000, hitting a series high for the freshman show.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.