John Oliver on Last Week Tonight discussed the recently released U.S. Senate Torture Report revealing gruesome details of this country’s interrogation program. Because so many people have not yet read the phone-book-sized document (phone book: a tome-cum-door-stop formerly used in virtually every home for the purpose of looking up telephone numbers), including some of those named named in the report as having authorized the practice, Oliver asked Helen Mirren to read some of the livelier bits for his show.
John Oliver Recruits Helen Mirren To Read Senate’s Torture Report For ‘Last Week Tonight’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Critics' Choice Awards Nominations: 'The Favourite' Tops With 14, 'Black Panther' A Marvel, 'First Man' Rebounds; 'The Americans' Leads TV Series
'Once Upon A Deadpool' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage Remind About Movie Release...And Nickelback
Latest TV News
- Showtime Taps Deva Kehoe As SVP Talent Relations & Events
- ‘Carmen Sandiego’ Gets January Premiere Date On Netflix
- Warner Bros. Digital Networks President Craig Hunegs To Depart
- Big Ten Network Taps Fox Sports Ohio Exec Francois McGillicuddy As Its New President
- CBS Strikes $750 Million Deal To Sell Television City To LA Real Estate Firm Hackman Capital Partners
- ‘Walking Dead’ $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC’s Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims “Victory”…