“And God said ‘Let there be 4G!’ ” proclaims one of the connection-starved protagonists of 3rd Street Blackout. The movie is what might be described as an in-the-dark comedy that follows Mina and Rudy, a technology crazed couple forced to reexamine their relationship during a blackout in the days following Hurricane Sandy. It stars Negin Farsad and Jeremy Redleaf, who together also wrote, produced, and directed. Andrew Mendelson and Ryan Cunningham also served as producers. The feature also stars Ed Weeks (The Mindy Project), Janeane Garofalo, (Wet Hot American Summer), Phyllis Somerville, John Hodgman (The Daily Show), Sasheer Zamata, Jordan Carlos, Katie Hartman, Miles J. Harvey, and Rachel Feinstein. The pic will premiere June 13 at Regal Cinemas LA. Live with a second showing on June 15th. Sam Goldberg of SGEntertainment is handling sales. Take a look at this clip in which the couple engage in separate, simultaneous, lively mobile phone conversations with their mothers — at the end of which one character notes she gained a bunch of new Twitter followers during the hurricane.
‘3rd Street Blackout’ – L.A. Film Fest Clip
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…