The Manhattan District Attorney’s office announced today that charges will not be filed against Oscar-winning producer Harvey Weinstein.”This case was taken seriously from the outset, with a thorough investigation conducted by our sex crimes unit,” Cyrus Vance Jr.’s office said today in a statement over a complaint against Harvey Weinstein. “After analyzing the available evidence, including multiple interviews with both parties, the criminal charge is not supported.”
“We are pleased this episode is behind us,” a spokesman for Weinstein told Deadline today.
The decision from the New York D.A.’s office comes over a week and a half after law enforcement officials in New York say they questioned Harvey Weinstein over an alleged March 27 groping incident. Ambra Battilana, the former Miss Italy contestant, filed a formal complaint Friday night and an investigation was launched soon afterward, say sources at the NYPD. “We are cooperating fully with the authorities and are confident that we will be fully vindicated,” a spokesman for TWC said last week.
Weinstein spoke to police officers the day after the alleged incident.
Though expected to attend the NYC premiere of Women In Gold on March 30, the Weinstein Company co-chair was absent from the event. The Helen Mirren and Katie Homes starring film is being distributed by TWC.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.