EXCLUSIVE: In a surprise development, WME has just signed Eli Roth, best known for his prolific output of genre fare. Roth directed the 2002 pic Cabin Fever, launched the Hostel series, produced The Last Exorcist and The Man With The Iron Fists, directed The Green Inferno (a distributor is getting close after a fall 2014 release fell through when Worldview collapsed and bailed on its P&A pledge), and most recently helmed the sexy thriller Knock Knock, which stars Keanu Reeves and was bought by Lionsgate following its Sundance premiere. He also starred in the ensemble of the Quentin Tarantino-directed Inglourious Basterds as baseball bat wielding Sgt. Donnie Donowitz, and he is exec producer of Hemlock Grove, the Netflix series that is going into its third season. Roth, whose movies routinely cost little and make lots of money (the $1.5 million budget Cabin Fever grossed $30.5 million worldwide and the $5 million Hostel grossed $80 million worldwide), has spent pretty much his entire career at CAA. These things happen for all sorts of reasons and what I’m hearing is Roth simply felt he needed a change.
WME Signs Filmmaker Eli Roth
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office