After lengthy negotiations, Dominic Cooper has closed a deal to play the lead in AMC drama pilot Preacher, based on Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s cult 1990s comic. The project, from Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, Sony TV and AMC Studios, centers on Jesse Custer (Cooper), a conflicted preacher in a small Texas town who merges with a creature that has escaped from heaven and develops the ability to make anyone do anything he says. Along with his ex-girlfriend, Tulip (Ruth Negga), and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun), the three embark on a journey to literally find God. The cast also includes Lucy Griffiths who plays Emily, and Ian Colletti, who plays Eugene Root, aka Arseface. Cooper is with CAA and UK Agent Alex Irwin.
Dominic Cooper Set For ‘Preacher’ Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
David Letterman Tells Ellen DeGeneres He Stayed Too Long At 'Late Show': "Nobody Had The Guts To Fire Me"
Disney's Bob Iger Hails "A Historic Day For Our Company" Following Fox Deal Close, Stresses Challenges Of Merging The Units
Latest TV News
- ‘The New Negroes With Baron Vaughn & Open Mike Eagle’ Bows On Comedy Central
- ‘Godfather Of Harlem’ Trailer: First Look At Forest Whitaker As Crime Boss Bumpy Johnson
- ‘The Dark Tower’ Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears…
- Meghan McCain On Donald Trump’s Complaint About Dad’s Funeral: “I Don’t Expect Decency From Trump Family”…
- HBO Releases ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 8 New Poster Art
- ‘The Conners’: Main Stars Close New Deals, Paving Way To Season 2 Renewal