Republic Records, home to Ariana Grande, Enrique Iglesias, Florence + the Machine and others, has teamed with IM Global to co-finance and produce films. First up: Rollin’ Thunder, a Bille Woodruff-directed urban comedy about a bowling champ-turned-ex-con who wants to get back on top and mend his relationship with his teen daughter. The Atlanta-set pic will have a major musical component and starts production this summer. It’s inspired by the artist Nelly and America’s Got Talent emcee Nick Cannon. Script is written by Kenny Smith, who is repped by APA and Circle of Confusion.
IM Global & Republic Records Team On Bille Woodruff-Helmed ‘Rollin’ Thunder’
What's Hot on Deadline
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Latest Film News
- Tony Gilroy & Scott Frank Tell How William Goldman’s Mentorship Left As Lasting A Hollywood Legacy As Oscars…
- Awards-Season Noms Lacking Again For Women Behind The Camera
- Casey Affleck-Elisabeth Moss Movie ‘Light Of My Life’ Among Berlin World Premiere Additions
- Great Point & Development Partnership Launch Production Slate With Movies From James Norton & ‘ The Iron…
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Director Jon S. Baird On Joining Martin Scorsese’s Inner Circle, And Doing Justice To Laurel…
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ & ‘Titans’ Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic ‘I Met A Girl…