EXCLUSIVE: Word is that Ben Mendelsohn is circling a lead role alongside Felicity Jones in Rogue One, the Star Wars spinoff to be directed by Gareth Edwards. If Mendelsohn isn’t on your radar, he ought to be. The Aussie actor has been memorable in films that include Exodus: Gods And Kings, Killing Them Softly and The Dark Knight Rises. But he is overwhelmingly good in the stellar cast of the new Netflix series Bloodline, with a performance that has to put him smack in the middle of the Emmy discussion. As usual, Disney doesn’t comment on Star Wars business.
Ben Mendelsohn Orbiting ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff ‘Rogue One’?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
Disney's Bob Iger Hails "A Historic Day For Our Company" Following Fox Deal Close, Stresses Challenges Of Merging The Units
Donald Trump Vows To Investigate Facebook, Twitter, TV News Outlets, "Different Shows" In Rose Garden Presser
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
Latest Film News
- Cannes Intrigue Spikes: Tarantino, Almodovar, Malick Trending Up; ‘Ad Astra’ & ‘Against All Enemies’ Not…
- ‘Girls Trip’ Co-Writer Tracy Oliver Inks First-Look Deal At Topic Studios
- ‘Once Upon A Time In…Hollywood’ Teaser: First Look Trailer At Quentin Tarantino Film
- ‘Dial H For Hero’ Preview: Reconnecting The Party Line Of The DC Universe
- Avi Arad: From ‘Blade’ To ‘Morbius,’ Three Decades Of Mining Marvel
- Sky Orders Third Season Of ‘Tin Star’; 42 Hires Former WME Exec Eugenie Furniss As Lit Manager — UK Briefs