“You guys have moved into one, weird F***ing town!” says one New England local who owns the tagline at the end of the trailer for We Are Still Here from Snowfort Pictures/Dark Sky Films. The horror title, which was announced as part of SXSW’s Midnighters selection today, follows the buyers of a New England home, a domicile that takes a sacrifice every 30 years or so. They heard that the house was an old funeral parlor, but decided to move in anyway. Not to mention, the original owner use to ship the dead bodies to Boston’s Chinatown where they were ground up for Chop Suey. Norman Rockwell’s New England, this is not. We Are Still Here was produced by Travis Stevens whose Cheap Thrills and Starry Eyes played SXSW’s Midnighters sidebar in previous years. The film is directed by Ted Geoghegan and stars such genre thesps as Barbara Crampton (Re-Animator, You’re Next), Lisa Marie from Tim Burton’s canon of Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow and Mars Attacks!, and a pissed-off burnt looking monster who likes to sit in the back of cars and gut pretty women while they’re driving.
This Isn’t Norman Rockwell’s New England: ‘We Are Still Here’ At SXSW – Hot Trailer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Video News
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Watch Time Warner Chief Jeff Bewkes Bid Farewell To Staff
- Michelle Wolf And Hannibal Buress Play ‘Hate It Or Love It’ On Netflix’s ‘The Break’
- Donald Trump Orchestrates White House ‘Fox & Friends’ Exclusive
- TV Talk Podcast: ‘Looming Tower,’ ‘Patrick Melrose’ & ‘Unsolved’ Loom Large In Emmy Limited Series…