Oscar and Grammy-winning singer and actress Jennifer Hudson will be performing at the 87th Oscars, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said today. “We’re creating several musical sequences for the Oscars and we couldn’t be happier that our friend, Jennifer Hudson, will be performing in one of them,” says Zadan and Meron. Hudson won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for 2006’s Dreamgirls. Her self-titled debut album won the 2008 Grammy Award for Best R&B Album, and this year she was nominated for Best R&B Performance for the song “It’s Your World,” from her 2014 album, “JHUD.” The 87th Oscars air live on Sunday, February 22 on ABC.
Oscars: Jennifer Hudson To Perform
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Oscars' Big Snubs: Bradley Cooper & Ryan Coogler For Director, Mr. Rogers Docu, Emily Blunt Get Cold Shoulder
Latest Awardsline News
- Viggo Mortensen Reflects On The Twists & Turns Of His ‘Green Book’ Journey As He Preps His Directorial Debut
- Oscar Nominee Reactions: Rami Malek, Willem Dafoe, Rachel Weisz, Adam McKay & Many More
- Costume Designer Sandy Powell’s Risk-Taking Pays Off With Pair Of Oscar Nominations For ‘The Favourite’ & ‘Mary Poppins Returns…
- ‘RBG’ Oscar Nomination Tops One Wild Year For Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Spike Lee: Oscar Saga Links ‘Do The Right Thing’ & ‘BlacKkKlansman’
- Why ‘Cold War’, One Of Two Black-And-White Films Up For Cinematography Oscar, Didn’t Shoot In Color