James Brolin has joined the cast of Life in Pieces, CBS’ single-camera comedy pilot from 20th TV and Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment. Written by Justin Adler, the project is about one family, the Shorts, as told through the separate stories of its different family members. Brolin, repped by UTA and Scott Hart Management, plays John Short, the gregarious patriarch who’s going through a bit of a crisis as he turns 70. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this would be veteran actor’s first full-time comedy series job; he has done several drama series including Marcus Welby, MD, which ran from 1969-76 on ABC and earned him an Supporting Actor Emmy and four consecutive nominations.
James Brolin To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Life In Pieces’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Aquaman' First Day Ticket Sales Robust: Atom Hits 24-Hour Record; DC Superhero Pic Beating 'Venom' On Fandango
Donald Trump Teases White House Correspondents' Dinner Attendance After Saying Michelle Wolf "Bombed" Last Year
'Ralph Breaks The Internet' Takes $3.8M Besting 'Coco' & 'Moana'; MGM's 'Creed II' Knocks Out $3.7M -- Tuesday Night Previews
Jay Roach's Untitled Roger Ailes Movie: Nazanin Boniadi To Play Former Fox News Reporter Rudi Bakhtiar
'Iron Fist' Actor Sacha Dhawan And 'Bounty Hunters' Actress Charity Wakefield Join Hulu's 'The Great'
Latest TV News
- Horror Specialist Daniel Farrands Signs With Abrams Artists Agency
- Stephen Colbert On Trump Covering For A Murderer: Maybe He Did, Maybe He Didn’t
- Accountants To Examine Records Of ‘Vikings’ & ‘The Tudors’ Producers Who Deny Claim They Diverted Up…
- ‘Iron Fist’ Actor Sacha Dhawan And ‘Bounty Hunters’ Actress Charity Wakefield Join Hulu’s ‘The Great…
- RTL Deutschland CEO Anke Schäferkordt To Leave German Media Group After 27 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Hires Sky Exec Holly Comiskey As Country Manager For UK & Ireland