The Fox Writers Intensive is designed to nurture experienced writers who have diverse voices, backgrounds and life experiences. This year’s FWI finalists were selected from more than 400 nominations and submissions by talent representation and arts organizations across the country.
This year’s FWI writers/teams and their respective representatives are:
· Aaron Carew (Independent)
· Jason Coffey (Kaplan Stahler Agency and Oasis Media Group)
· David Cornue (Original Artists and Madhouse Entertainment)
· Cindy Fang (Gersh and Echo Lake Entertainment)
· Chuck Hayward (APA and Heroes and Villains Entertainment)
· David McMillan (Creative Artists Agency and Grandview)
· Diana Mendez (Animo Entertainment)
· Jess Pineda (Kaplan Stahler Agency and Principato-Young Entertainment)
· Sarah Carbiener & Erica Rosbe (ICM Partners and Industry Entertainment)
· Rebecca Walker (United Talent Agency and 3 Arts Entertainment)
· JaNeika and JaSheika James (ICM Partners)
· Jared Romero (Think Tank Management)
Curated with Film Independent, the program offers trained writers a rigorous, four-month curriculum focused on 1) developing original material; 2) learning and honing writing skills for multiple mediums; and 3) exploring the business of media and entertainment. Selected writers will receive detailed feedback and guidance on their scripts through interactive “master classes” and will engage in intimate guest speaker sessions with experienced writers, showrunners, executives and directors to discuss case studies of their films and television shows, and learn about their writing processes. Upon successful completion of the program, finalists will receive priority staffing meetings for the established FWI Staff Writer position on Fox entertainment productions and Fox will endeavor to provide each writer with a first-look deal on his/her original script(s).
Fox Writers Intensive Fellowship Goes To Ester Lou Weithers - Update
At the end of the program, One FWI finalist will be named the 2015 FWI Fellow, who will be awarded either a purchase and development deal on his/her original script or a “first-look” deal from Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX) or any of its affiliated entities.In addition, the FWI Fellow will participate in one-on-one creative meetings with Fox entertainment business heads, and senior cross-divisional current and development executives;, and will receive priority staffing efforts across Fox entertainment properties. All FWI finalists will receive staffing meetings for current FOX entertainment series and a first-look agreement to option their original and new scripts.
For more information about the Fox Writers Intensive visit: http://www.foxaudiencestrategy.com/fox-writers-intensive-meet-the-writers/.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.