NSA whistle-blower Edward Snowden will appear via live video, along with the team behind Oscar-nominated docu CitizenFour — filmmaker Laura Poitras and journalist Glenn Greenwald, in a February 12 edition of TimesTalks, the New York Times‘ promotional live, online and video series. Times media columnist David Carr will moderate the hourlong discussion. For being in exile Snowden has done a pretty good job of getting out there, also appearing at SXSW this past spring for a panel on Internet privacy.
Edward Snowden, ‘CitizenFour’ Team Will Face NY Times’ David Carr
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Netflix Soars With 15 Oscar Nominations, Led By 10 For 'Roma', Off Unique Theatrical & Streaming Release Model
Latest Film News
- Bryan Singer Hit With New Allegations Of Sex With Underage Boys In Atlantic Report
- ‘Green Book’, ‘How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World’ Find China Release Dates
- ‘Widows’ & ‘Lion’ Outfit See-Saw Films Promotes Simon Gillis To COO
- Comcast Posts Strong Fourth-Quarter Financials Thanks To NBC Universal Bump
- China Film Industry Pays $1.73B In Back Taxes Amid Post-Scandal Crackdown
- César Nominations: Jacques Audiard’s ‘Sisters Brothers’ Rustles Up Nine – List