Image Entertainment has acquired the Joe Dante horror comedy Burying The Ex and will give it a multiplatform release of theaters and VOD in the summer. Alan Trezza-scripted pic stars Anton Yelchin, Ashley Greene, and Alexandra Daddario. Pic premiered at Venice. Yelchin plays a nice guy with an overbearing girlfriend (Greene). She gets worse when they move in, and he’s relieved when she dies in an accident and he meets someone nicer (Daddario). Trouble is, his dead ex returns as a zombie who doesn’t want to give him up and she was a lot more charming as a Twilight Saga vampire.
Image Acquires Joe Dante’s ‘Burying The Ex;’ ‘Twilight’s Ashley Greene Goes Zombie
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar…
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Oscars Last Call: Adam McKay’s ‘Vice’ Analyzed By ‘One Percent Doctrine’ Author Ron Suskind
- ‘Descendants 3’ Teaser And First Synopsis Out From Disney Channel