Image Entertainment has acquired the Joe Dante horror comedy Burying The Ex and will give it a multiplatform release of theaters and VOD in the summer. Alan Trezza-scripted pic stars Anton Yelchin, Ashley Greene, and Alexandra Daddario. Pic premiered at Venice. Yelchin plays a nice guy with an overbearing girlfriend (Greene). She gets worse when they move in, and he’s relieved when she dies in an accident and he meets someone nicer (Daddario). Trouble is, his dead ex returns as a zombie who doesn’t want to give him up and she was a lot more charming as a Twilight Saga vampire.
Image Acquires Joe Dante’s ‘Burying The Ex;’ ‘Twilight’s Ashley Greene Goes Zombie
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office