Tonight Brian Williams offered an apology of a sorts on NBC News for his fake account of being in helicopter attack in Iraq back in 2003. Despite years and years of talking up the tale, it turns out that Williams was never on a chopper than came under RPG fire 12 years ago ago. Today, on-air and online, the anchor said he “made a mistake in recalling the incidents.” Williams calls it a “bungled attempt” now but he’s been telling the story since at least 2007. In the video above, watch him less than 2 years ago tell CBS’s David Letterman his war story – does Williams recall that? The chopper part starts around 2:45 mark.
Brian Williams Recounts False Chopper Story On Letterman In 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
Latest TV News
- Kenya Barris Officially Joins Netflix With Big TV Overall Deal For New Series
- Ming-Na Wen Reflects On ‘The Joy Luck Club’ 25 Years Later, Praises ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ As Another “Historical”…
- Donald Trump Attacks Newspapers Running Editorials Defending Free Press; Senate Punches Back
- Ruth Wilson On Leaving ‘The Affair’: “I’m Not Allowed To Talk About Why”
- Grappling With Unexpected Fame, ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’s Samira Wiley Is Using Her Powers For Good
- Omarosa Unveils New Recording To Bolster Claim Trump Offered Her $15K/Month For Silence