Looks like Ang Lee has found his newcomer for Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk. He’d been trying to make a discovery in the TriStar Pictures adaptation of the Ben Fountain novel and chose newcomer Joe Alwyn. Now, he’s looking for a more established actor for the other main role, and I’m hearing he is looking hard at Garrett Hedlund. He came on the scene in Tron: Legacy but has grown into a mature actor in such films as Inside Llewyn Davis and most recently the Angelina Jolie-directed Unbroken.
Ang Lee Finds ‘Billy Lynn’; Eyeing Garrett Hedlund For Big Part?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Even Richer On Saturday With $10M+; Weekend Bling Now At $25M+ With $34M 5-Day Debut
'American Horror Story: Apocalypse': Ryan Murphy Posts First Look At 'Coven' Reunion With Stevie Nicks
'Meg' Munches On $300M+ & 'M:I- Fallout' Jumps Over $500M WW In Milestone-Rich Frame - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Meg’ Munches On $300M+ & ‘M:I- Fallout’ Jumps Over $500M WW In Milestone-Rich Frame – International…
- ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’ Receives Criticism For Appearance Of Princess Tiana
- Welcome To The Permanent, ‘Popular’ Oscar Campaign
- ‘The Wife' & 'We The Animals' Bow Strong; 'Three Identical Strangers' at $10.5M in 2nd Month of Release: Specialty…
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Even Richer On Saturday With $10M+; Weekend Bling Now At $25M+ With $34M 5-Day Debut
- Director Boots Riley Questions Spike Lee’s ‘BlacKkKlansman’ Politics On Twitter