Looks like Ang Lee has found his newcomer for Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk. He’d been trying to make a discovery in the TriStar Pictures adaptation of the Ben Fountain novel and chose newcomer Joe Alwyn. Now, he’s looking for a more established actor for the other main role, and I’m hearing he is looking hard at Garrett Hedlund. He came on the scene in Tron: Legacy but has grown into a mature actor in such films as Inside Llewyn Davis and most recently the Angelina Jolie-directed Unbroken.
Ang Lee Finds ‘Billy Lynn’; Eyeing Garrett Hedlund For Big Part?
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Netflix Soars With 15 Oscar Nominations, Led By 10 For 'Roma', Off Unique Theatrical & Streaming Release Model
Latest Film News
- Bryan Singer Hit With New Allegations Of Sex With Underage Boys In Atlantic Report
- ‘Green Book’, ‘How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World’ Find China Release Dates
- ‘Widows’ & ‘Lion’ Outfit See-Saw Films Promotes Simon Gillis To COO
- Comcast Posts Strong Fourth-Quarter Financials Thanks To NBC Universal Bump
- China Film Industry Pays $1.73B In Back Taxes Amid Post-Scandal Crackdown
- César Nominations: Jacques Audiard’s ‘Sisters Brothers’ Rustles Up Nine – List