Looks like Ang Lee has found his newcomer for Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk. He’d been trying to make a discovery in the TriStar Pictures adaptation of the Ben Fountain novel and chose newcomer Joe Alwyn. Now, he’s looking for a more established actor for the other main role, and I’m hearing he is looking hard at Garrett Hedlund. He came on the scene in Tron: Legacy but has grown into a mature actor in such films as Inside Llewyn Davis and most recently the Angelina Jolie-directed Unbroken.
Ang Lee Finds ‘Billy Lynn’; Eyeing Garrett Hedlund For Big Part?
What's Hot on Deadline
'NYPD Blue' Sequel With Andy Sipowicz's Son Set At ABC From Matt Olmstead, Nick Wootton & Jesse Bochco
Judy Blume Grants 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret' Screen Rights To James L. Brooks & Kelly Fremon Craig
Latest Film News
- ‘Air Strike’: U.S. Bow Of Bruce Willis & Fan Bingbing Pic Still On Target Despite China Scrap
- Jason Blum Apologizes For “Dumb” Comments About Women Directors
- Kobe Bryant Cut From Animation Fest Jury After Rape Allegations Resurface
- New York Attorney General Launches Probe Of MoviePass
- Luca Guadagnino And RT Features To Adapt Bob Dylan Album ‘Blood On The Tracks’
- Adam Ray To Star In ‘The Bellmen’; ‘The Banker’ Adds Taylor Black