Originally slated to debut December 19, the release of Crackle’s original movie The Throwaways was put on hold because of the massive hack attack on parent Sony Pictures Entertainment. Now the cyber-attack film, executive produced by Jeremy Renner, has been re-dated and will start streaming January 30. Director Tony Bui’s pic stars Sam Huntington as a notorious hacker who uses his smarts to track down another cyber-attacker. Katie McGrath, Christian Hillborg, Jack Kesy, Kevin Dillon and James Caan also star in the film written by Michael Arlen Ross and Don Handfield. Renner and Don Handfield executive produce. You can watch the trailer above.
‘The Throwaways’, Crackle’s Cyberattack Movie Delayed By Sony Hack, Gets New Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Probe Outcome To 'Lost' & 'Seinfeld' Finales, Says "I'm Sorry" To Donald Trump
Latest Film News
- Elaborate ‘Alien’ High School Production Gets Hollywood’s Attention
- Jordan Peele Talks Being A Black Auteur And Disproving Myths Of Representation In Hollywood
- Women In Film Los Angeles Adds Five New Board Members
- ‘A Lifetime Of Sundays’ Trailer: Regina King Narrates NFL Films Docu Spotlighting League’s Iconic…
- Ian Levy Sci-Fi Thriller Spec ‘Out There’ Lands At eOne; David Bruckner To Direct
- Deadline's 2018 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 'A Star Is Born'