EXCLUSIVE: This Sundance has been an avalanche of big movie deals, and emerging filmmakers signing with major agencies. The latest; Kenny Riches, the writer/director of The Strongest Man, has just signed with UTA, his first agency. This happened before The Strongest Man premieres in the NEXT Category of Sundance. The dramedy follows an anxiety-ridden Cuban man who fancies himself the strongest man in the world as he attempts to recover his most prized possession, a stolen bicycle. On his quest, he finds and loses much more. Jesse Brown, Anthony Pedone, and Kenny Riches are producing.
‘Strongest Man’ Helmer Kenny Riches Signs With UTA; Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
President Donald Trump Gets Personal Noting Death Of Aretha Franklin: "She Worked For Me On Numerous Occasions"
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
Latest Film News
- Broadway’s ‘Pretty Woman’ Musical: All Dressed Up With No Place To Go – Review
- IATSE President Accuses Editors Guild Leader Of Violating Federal Labor Law
- John Landis, Who Directed Aretha Franklin’s Only Two Movies, Remembers Her ‘Blues Brothers’ Turns
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s ‘Here And Now’ To Hit Theaters In November In AMBI & Paramount Deal
- Bankruptcy Court OKs Sale Of Relativity Media To UltraV Holdings
- Imagine Entertainment Ups Karen Lunder To Head Film Development & Production