PREVIOUSLY, 8:54 PM: Sony Pictures Classics is in exclusive talks to spend $2 million for world rights to Grandma, the Paul Weitz-directed comedy that stars Lily Tomlin, Julia Garner, Marcia Gay Harden, Judy Greer, Laverne Cox and Sam Elliott. The logline: Self-described misanthrope Elle Reid has her protective bubble burst when her 18-year-old granddaughter shows up needing help. Pic’s brokered by WME Global and premiered Monday at the Yarrow. It features a strong performance by Tomlin that SPC will play up in awards season.
Sony Pictures Classics Acquires ‘Grandma’ At Sundance – Update
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International Box…
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan