Craig Zobel is back at Sundance for a third time after 2007’s Great World Of Sound and 2012’s Compliance. This time he’s got a little film with three big stars: Z For Zachariah features Chiwetel Ejiofor, Chris Pine and Margot Robbie as the last known survivors of a global calamity. The pic was picked up ahead of the fest by Roadside Attractions, and Zobel tells me: “There’s a lot of anxiety when you bring a movie here. You hope that it’ll find both an audience and an audience with the distributors, and not having that pressure is really great.” We’ll have more DeadlineNow@Sundance2015 interviews throughout the festival, so stay tuned.
Craig Zobel On How He Landed Ejiofor, Pine & Robbie For Sundance Pic ‘Z For Zachariah’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Latest Video News
- ‘Knightfall’ Season 2 Teaser: Mark Hamill Debuts As Talus The Initiate Master In History’s Medieval Drama
- Sarah Sanders Defends Press Briefing Shutdown: White House Not In Business Of Making CNN Stars
- ‘Raise Hell’ Clip: Molly Ivins Speaks Truth To Power With Her Humor In Sundance Docu
- ‘The Social Ones’ Trailer: Social Media Influencers Get Rightfully Skewered In New Mockumentary
- ‘Conan’ Returns: Late Night Host Celebrates New Downsized Format After 3-Month Shutdown
- ‘Bless This Mess’ Trailer: Lake Bell And Dax Shepard Attempt To Live The Simple Life In New ABC Comedy