Craig Zobel is back at Sundance for a third time after 2007’s Great World Of Sound and 2012’s Compliance. This time he’s got a little film with three big stars: Z For Zachariah features Chiwetel Ejiofor, Chris Pine and Margot Robbie as the last known survivors of a global calamity. The pic was picked up ahead of the fest by Roadside Attractions, and Zobel tells me: “There’s a lot of anxiety when you bring a movie here. You hope that it’ll find both an audience and an audience with the distributors, and not having that pressure is really great.” We’ll have more DeadlineNow@Sundance2015 interviews throughout the festival, so stay tuned.
Craig Zobel On How He Landed Ejiofor, Pine & Robbie For Sundance Pic ‘Z For Zachariah’
What's Hot on Deadline
"I Had It Killed For Two Or Three Years": Jimmy Iovine Explains What Changed His Mind About Making 'The Defiant Ones'
Latest Video News
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Omarosa Boast She Finally Has Proof Donald Trump Is Racist
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Allowed Regina King To Marry Her Philanthropy To Her Artistry – Awardsline Screening Series
- ‘BlacKkKlansman’ Producers On Spike Lee’s “Strength Of Perspective” & Focus Features Pic’s…
- ‘One Dollar’ Trailer: One Small Town, A Single Bill, Multiple Murders
- Alex Rich Talks Portraying A “Unified” Version Of Picasso With Antonio Banderas In ‘Genius’ – Awardsline…
- ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Is Going To The Catskills In Season 2 Teaser