EXCLUSIVE: “The performances in this film are so strong, you don’t need a layer of music to heighten it,” exclaims The Theory of Everything composer Johann Johannsson about how he carefully balanced the score to reflect the life of cosmologist Stephen Hawking as he battled ALS. Many of the classical, upbeat cues which Johannsson crafted in Theory were inspired by Hawking’s youth and overall vigor in life. Take a look at this Focus Features behind-the-scenes featurette in which the composer, who was nominated for a Golden Globe, and director James Marsh talk about the film’s moving music.
Capturing Stephen & Jane Hawking’s Emotions: ‘Theory Of Everything’ Film Score
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Vice’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Among Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards Winners
- Bette Midler to Perform Song From ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ At Oscars
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Puts The Mass Incarceration Issue On The Big Screen – Guest Column
- ‘Archival Quality’: Ghostly Graphic Novel Wins 5th Annual McDuffie Award
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink