EXCLUSIVE: “The performances in this film are so strong, you don’t need a layer of music to heighten it,” exclaims The Theory of Everything composer Johann Johannsson about how he carefully balanced the score to reflect the life of cosmologist Stephen Hawking as he battled ALS. Many of the classical, upbeat cues which Johannsson crafted in Theory were inspired by Hawking’s youth and overall vigor in life. Take a look at this Focus Features behind-the-scenes featurette in which the composer, who was nominated for a Golden Globe, and director James Marsh talk about the film’s moving music.
Capturing Stephen & Jane Hawking’s Emotions: ‘Theory Of Everything’ Film Score
What's Hot on Deadline
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Bill Maher Addresses Stan Lee's Death, Says Adults Pretend Comic Books Are "Sophisticated Literature"
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Daytime Emmys: Network Soaps Lift Boycott Threat But Others Will Shun Awards Over NATAS’ Response To Snafus
Latest Awardsline News
- Notes On The Season: Oscar Race’s Crazy Weekend; ‘Mary’s’ Two Queen Contenders; Indie Spirits Go Really…
- Daytime Emmys: Network Soaps Lift Boycott Threat But Others Will Shun Awards Over NATAS' Response To Snafus
- Fresh Face: Thomasin McKenzie Blazes A Trail With ‘Leave No Trace’
- ATX Television Festival Teams With Southwest Airlines For Pitch Competition
- ‘Be Natural’ Acquired By Zeitgeist Films & Kino Lorber; Docu About Alice Guy-Blaché Screened At Cannes…
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Star Rami Malek To Receive Breakthrough Performance Award At 30th Palm Springs Film Festival