The big-screen update of Charles Schulz’s famed Peanuts comic strip characters has been touted by Fox as the first time the iconic gang had been on a big screen in CGI and 3D. It’s a daunting task and an ambitious effort from Ice Age studio Blue Sky and 20th Century Fox Animation, and it counts aficionado Paul Feig among its producers — the Bridesmaids helmer’s cred goes a long way, and he calls Peanuts his Star Wars growing up. But the first full trailer that dropped today does beg the question: Will fans miss the squiggly pencil days when the shiny and crystal-clear CG pic hits theaters on November 6, 2015?
‘Peanuts’ Trailer: Does It Pass The Uncanny Valley Test?
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Latest Film News
- ‘Bridesmaids’ Director Paul Feig To Give Keynote Address At Edinburgh TV Festival
- CDG Awards: ‘Black Panther’ ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Among Honorees – Full Winners List
- WGA and ATA Talks Take “A Step In The Right Direction”
- CDG Awards Live Blog: Follow Updates From The 21st Annual Ceremony
- Danielle Macdonald, Jaboukie Young-White Set For Paramount Players Pic
- FilmRise Exec Faye Tsakas Moves To VP Role At Passage Pictures