The big-screen update of Charles Schulz’s famed Peanuts comic strip characters has been touted by Fox as the first time the iconic gang had been on a big screen in CGI and 3D. It’s a daunting task and an ambitious effort from Ice Age studio Blue Sky and 20th Century Fox Animation, and it counts aficionado Paul Feig among its producers — the Bridesmaids helmer’s cred goes a long way, and he calls Peanuts his Star Wars growing up. But the first full trailer that dropped today does beg the question: Will fans miss the squiggly pencil days when the shiny and crystal-clear CG pic hits theaters on November 6, 2015?
‘Peanuts’ Trailer: Does It Pass The Uncanny Valley Test?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- David Arquette To Star In Indie Drama ‘Apalachin’
- ‘What Men Want’: Taraji P. Henson Comedy Moves To Pre-Valentine’s Weekend
- Danny Pudi Set For ‘Babysplitters’; ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Star Chris Pang Joins Osric Chau In ‘Empty By Design…
- New Line Acquires Lillian Yu Spec, Chinese-Centric Romantic Comedy ‘Singles Day’
- Sony Picks Up Horror Pitch For ‘A Quiet Place’ Producer Platinum Dunes
- The Acclaimed Fred Rogers Doc You May Not Have Heard Of: ‘It’s You I Like’ Contends For Major Emmy Honors